Programming Through The Standards
Daniel Downs, Ed.D.
Direct Link: http://bit.ly/programmingstandards
The presentation below provides a boot camp style overview of essential computer science understandings that can be implemented conceptually in K-6 and with competency-based assessment grades 7-12. The presentation provides a simple introduction to the Python programming language with the use of a web based development environment.
The presentation reviews the following topics.
- Quickly Review The Guiding Principles Of The DLCS Standards
- Identify Power Topics & Activities For Competency Based Instruction With CS
- Walk Through Hands-On Coding Boot Camp Lessons
- Discuss Strategies For Assessing Student Learning With Computer Science
- Provide A Groundwork Of Understanding To Review Computer Science Standards Across All Levels